This Traditional Jamaican dish has roots from Africa and Europe. It is a favorite by Jamaicans because of the “gravy”.
- 1 chicken (2.5 – 3lbs)
- Onions and or escallion
- Country pepper or black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Soy sauce
- Cooking oil
- Clean chicken, wash whole in lime water if desired.
- Cut into serving pieces, season to taste.
- Remove seasoning from serving pieces, fry pieces of chicken in shallow fat until golden brown, but not burnt. Pour off excess fat leaving small quantity in frying pan or Dutch pot.
- Place browned pieces in pan or Dutch pot. Add seasoning and small quantity of water. Cover and cook slowly until chicken is tender, but not overdone.
- Serve with side dishes